Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dreams and commitments (no not the band)

So… I was inspired by BigAlice to start up my dream journal again. My one and only nod towards a “N Y’s Resolution.”
They are, after all, an invention of Hallmark or some other commercial entity designed to make us feel guilty about not being the perfect souls we could be, if only we sent everyone in our lives their cards or other banal products.
But, let’s get back to the dream journal. I abandoned it along with most of the other things that were working in my life after a particularly nasty series of bad days (and fights with the H) because I was in F-it mode and just generally gave up on most everything – except chocolate of course. (No, to you wannabe shrinks- I was not in the throws of depression; I was pissed off!) Naturally, in typical PMS fashion, I gave up on the things that would have seen me through the “nasties” rather than leaning on them. Yes, like a crutch. But crutches can serve a purpose; unless of course they land you in jail or earn you DUIs. Thankfully, I have managed to get to this day in my life having avoided both. (Praise be for designated drivers!) So I am back on track again. And none of that, “Ooh nooo. Can’t start until I find the perfect journal, perfect pen, perfect book light…” None of that sheit! I am just starting. Writing. Dribbling. Much like what you see here today. But the difference being, I will be recording my dreams and I will be dribbling onto the pages of whatever I can get my hands on between now & bed. So there! I have said it. I have written it. I will post it. I am committed to it. Y’all will be my dream police. Stay with me. Nag me. Require accountability from me. I will be faithful and true, and I will tell the truth if I fall off the dream journal wagon.
It is done!
Any one care to join me for a nap?
Ah, damn!
I have to go teach.
So until tonight, sweet dreams (day & night) to one and all.
B

3 comments:

zoe said...

what a wonderful idea - you have inspired me

by the way ---- address is ksabovich@sbcglobal.net
Karen (aka ZOE)

Gale Bulkley said...

Well, to say I enjoyed that post would be a lot less than how much I really enjoyed that post. Like Karne said, it was inspirational. Thanks for the comment over at mine. I'll be sure to go visit the socksforaudrey site Happy days from Gale!

Agnes said...

I did try keep a dream journal before ... but the problem is the moment I open my eyes, I forget completely my dream most of the time! :)
BTW, is it possible for you to send me your email address so that I can do the FPS updates through email? My address is sengalam AT yahoo DOT com
Thanks.